Thursday, May 1, 2008

Softball the 2 games opening/closing

I found the Softball double-header against Iowa State softball too be at times long, but also pretty fun… I really felt for the girls, because who ever heard of an opening day/ last game of the season before?
By long I mean the first game of the doubleheader went 8 innings scoreless. I can think of things which confuses me but with both teams going 16 times to get a run over the plate why cant they score, I guess I just do not understand. This game may have lasted 22 innings if not for a base runner starting at second base in the beginning of the inning. SDSU’s ace Jenna Marston went 9 strong in her last game one the mound this season, but could not hold the Cyclones as Alex Johnson (their A.J.) had a 2-RBI single up the middle.
The second game of the softball I was really zone in and was ready for a blog report, but I reported to the Spring game in the bottom of fifth so I missed the emotion of the 8-7 win. Although Dani Broshar did hit a two-RBI double with two outs to ensure SDSU’s Kiley Schwedhelm a win in her last game of her career.
I hope the softball team can get more games at home next year.

No comments: